Date of Last Revision: March 20, 2012
As used in this policy, the terms “using” and “processing” information include using cookies on a computer, subjecting the information to statistical or other analysis and using or handling information in any way, including, but not limited to collecting, storing, evaluating, modifying, deleting, using, combining, disclosing and transferring information within our organization.
Information Collection and Use
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Site, services, features and content, to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic, to administer your membership (together, the “Service”) and to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site.
When you register with us through the Site to become a Member of mentorsaurus, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your name or alias, free-form biography, website and email address. To post any Member Content on the Site, or to access certain features of the Site and Services, you must register via mentorsaurus. To comment and interact in other ways we allow third party social networking sites, such as Facebook and Twitter (collectively, “SNS”). When you register through your SNS, we will extract certain personal information you have provided to, and made publicly available via, the SNS.
• We use your Personal Information mainly to provide the Service and administer your inquiries. We will create your Account for your use of the Site based upon the Personal Information you provide and you will become a Member of mentorsaurus.
• We also collect the other information that you provide as part of registration and the administration and personalization of your profile page on mentorsaurus(e.g., without limitation, age and individual preferences) (“Non-Identifying Information”).
• We use your Personal Information (in some cases, in conjunction with your Non-Identifying Information) mainly to provide the Service, complete your transactions, and administer your inquiries.
• We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with information collected from other mentorsaurus Users (defined below) to attempt to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the Service and to analyze and understand how our Site and Service are used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve you specifically, for instance to deliver a product to you according to your preferences or restrictions.
• We may use your email address to send you Service-related notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail) and mentorsaurus newsletters or marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications or update your “preferences” information. (See “Changing or Deleting Information,” below.)If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content ofyour email messages, your email address and our responses.
• You also provide us information in User Content you post to the Service. Your questions, answers, and other contributions on the Service, and metadata about them (such as when you posted them), are publicly viewable on the Service, along with your User name. This information may be searched by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Web in accordance with our Terms of Service.
• When you visit the Site, whether as a Member or a non-registered user just browsing (any of these, a “mentorsaurus User”), our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as the browser type or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Service and for the Site’s technical administration, to increase our Site functionality and userfriendliness, and to better tailor our Site to our visitors’ needs. For example, we use this information to analyze whether search queries are being fulfilled with applicable content, that is, we are meeting the needs and interests of our community. Some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve advertisements and other information appropriate to your interests. [We do not treat Log Data as Personal Information or use it in association with other Personal Information, though we may aggregate, analyze and evaluate such information for the same purposes as stated above regarding other Non-Identifying Information.]
When you use the Service, we use persistent and session cookies and other tracking technologies to: (a) store your username and password; (b) analyze the usage of the Service; (c) customize the Service to your preferences; and (d) control the advertising displayed by the Service. A persistent cookie remains on your computer after you close your browser so that it can be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can set your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
How We Share Your Information
When you register through the Site and submit Personal Information to create a profile, mentorsaurus Users will see your User name. Due to the sensitive nature of some Content, mentorsaurus allows Users to create an alias ID in addition to, or instead of, their personal name profile. If you choose to provide additional Personal Information in your profile, such as, but not limited to, your photo, website and biography, this will be publicly visible.Providing additional Personal Information is voluntary and should correlate with the degree of interaction you want to have with mentorsaurus Users. We recommend that you guard your
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf or to perform Site-related services, such as maintenance services, database management and web analytics. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as if you choose to sign on to the Service through a third-party service. We cannot control third parties’ use of your information.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect mentorsaurus’s rights or property. mentorsaurus may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All Members may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their Account by contacting us or by editing such profile via the Site. If you completely delete all such information, then your Account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
As part of the Service, mentorsaurus Members may communicate with other Members and non-registered users through use of their Accounts. Where Members have selected the option of adding one or more email addresses to an online form, the message they create in the corresponding template will be sent from mentorsaurus to those email addresses on their behalf. These email addresses will be used only for the purpose of sending the email communication to the addressee.
We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login information,or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephonecommunication.
mentorsaurus uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, warrant the security of any information you transmit to mentorsaurus or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Our Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from the Service, nor the information or content contained therein.
Our Policy Toward Children
This Site is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register with the Service. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we take steps to remove that information.
If we modify this Policy, we will post the modification on the Site and if the changes are material, we will provide you additional, prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances. We will also update the “Last Updated Date” at the top of this Policy.